Do you have travel plans this summer and do you need to take a PCR test before you leave? Since 26 June, you can, in certain cases, request 2 activation codes for 2 free PCR tests.
Who is eligible for the free PCR tests?
The free PCR tests prior to travel are intended for people who have not yet had the opportunity to be (fully) vaccinated.
Specifically, you must meet the following conditions:
- You are 6 years of age or older
- You have your main residence in Belgium
- You have not yet received an invitation for vaccination
OR you were invited for vaccination once, less than 35 days ago, and have not yet received your second invitation
OR you got your first dose less than 35 days after receiving the first invitation, but you have not yet been fully vaccinated.
If you have not yet been fully vaccinated, you are entitled to 2 free PCR tests until the moment you are considered fully vaccinated. In practice, this means:
- AstraZeneca: you received your 1st dose less than 98 days ago (if your 1st dose was administered before 25 May), or less than 70 days ago (if your 1st dose was administered after 25 May)
- Pfizer: you had your first dose less than 49 days ago (if your 1st dose was administered before 13 July) or less than 35 days ago (if your 1st dose was administered on or after 13 July)
- Moderna: you had your first dose less than 49 days ago
- Johnson&Johnson: you received your single dose less than 28 days ago
Please note: if you had your first dose more than 35 days after receiving your first invitation, you are not entitled to free PCR testing.
How can I request my free PCR tests?
1. Request your free test code via your personal file on www.masante.belgique.be or www.mijngezondheid.belgie.be. You can only request test codes for yourself and your children.
2. Go to brussels.testcovid.be to book your test appointment. During the booking process you have to enter the code for the free PCR test.
3. Go to the test centre of your choice, at the chosen time, to get your free PCR test.
Where can I find my test results?
You will find the result of your PCR test in your file on www.brusselshealthnetwork.be or www.masanté.belgique.be or www.mijngezondheid.belgie.be.
Log on with your national number or with your test code if you do not have a Belgian national number.
Validity of the free codes
You can only use the free test codes for PCR tests carried out in Belgium in the context of a trip abroad. You can’t use these codes for a PCR test that you have to get abroad in order to return to Belgium.
If you have to be tested again upon arrival in Belgium, based on the answers on your PLF form, you will receive a test code by SMS and the test will be free of charge (for those who are registered with Belgian mutual health insurance fund).
Be careful! Once you have requested your test code, it is only valid for 10 days. This means you have to get tested within 10 days after requesting your test code. If you wait longer than these 10 days, the code will lose its validity.
Once you have requested a code, it is considered used, even if you do not use it to book an appointment. Please only request a code for a free PCR test if you intend to get tested within 10 days.
If you are not entitled to a free PCR test because you do’ot meet the conditions, or because you have already used your two free codes, you are still eligible for a paying PCR test prior to travel. For this kind of tests, you also need to make an appointment in advance via www.brussels.testcovid.be.